Inktober Day 8: Verbena bonariensis

 I'm late finishing my drawing tonight.  My work this afternoon was interrupted by a welcome phone call from a friend.

The darkness outside my studio made it both difficult to finish my drawing, photograph it, and edit the exposure.  Age has caught up with my eyes, now at 65, unfortunately, after a pass for many years with close-up vision.  I've been fortunate to have close-up and computer vision eyesight until recently.

Nevertheless, I plugged along after dark, completing an OK drawing of Verbena bonariensis.  

Wildflowers in the garden are getting scarce now, and I almost drew some harvested lunch box peppers and green beans from the garden today.

Here's my drawing and its context.  Both with iPhone photo challenges, but no matter.  I showed up for another Inktober day.




Comments