Inktober Day 17: A black walnut

Walking this morning near the UNCA campus, I came across this black walnut fruit, husk gone with contents now nourishing a local squirrel.  Sculptural, I thought, and kept it as today's Inktober subject.

One of the fun aspects of Inktober is that it certainly does keep you looking closely at whatever you're drawing.  I've wanted to take photos of subject and drawing together, just as a record, not that I feel obligated to be precise.  It's also been fun to encourage myself around improving my skills;  feeling the fun around art has been a welcome part of this Inktober experience.  And isn't that what art is about?

I encourage people that gardening (vegetables, natives, whatever) should be fun (not full of lists of chores) and that learning about plants is fascinating, too, so why not encourage myself around art, after all?

Here's my drawing of the black walnut that I collected this morning.

And subject and drawing.




Comments