Inktober Day 2 (2020: Solidago rugosa


Here's Day 2.

I thought I’d do wildflower drawings for the first phase of Inktober, appreciating what's in flower in the pocket meadow in the front garden. It reflects the roots of my original love of drawing as a teenager and young adult -- drawing plants and animals, both realistic and whimsical.

Today, I chose Solidago rugosa ‘Fireworks” to draw - a wonderful pollinator-friendly plant.  We have it in several place, but the clumps in the pocket meadow and next to the driveway are the best.

I don't want to spend a lot of time doing drawings, but it's been fun so far after a long drought of no art what so ever. 

I love to use watercolor pencils, after sketching a drawing outline with pencil, adding the watercolor pencil color, using a water wash to develop the color,  then finishing with ink outlining.  

Such fun.

Here's a subject and drawing photo, along with my studio desk.  I'm so glad that I opened space by de-cluttering -- welcome now.

Comments