Inktober Day 14: An acorn

 I've been looking for some nice-looking acorns that still have caps, thinking they'd be a good subject for Inktober.

But I hadn't had much success with the white oak and red oaks on my neighborhood walks (there are acorns everywhere, but without caps.  I came across this one on a walk at Biltmore Estate this morning.  Small, but perfect.

I think it's an Eastern black oak acorn (Quercus velutina), but I'm not going to worry about that overmuch -- lots of oak diversity out there!

Here's today's Inktober drawing.  It provided practice with round objects.  Hmm.

my drawing  



with subject


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren, It turned out better than I had envisioned early on. But spending some time about how to draw round objects will also be helpful! Lifelong learning is a good thing,

      Delete

Post a Comment