Inktober Day 1 (2020): Aromatic Aster

 I cleared my old wooden farmhouse table recently -- opening space.  It wasn't cluttered exactly, but had a lot of things on it that weren't necessary.  Folders filled with old notes, education program catalogs, notebooks from various classes, etc.

So I had a spacious space to start on Inktober drawings.  I enjoyed last October's version -- it's a daily drawing for a month, posted on social media.  I apparently posted some on this blog, but probably the bulk directly on Facebook.

Encouraged around some discussions with a friend, I realized that I loved drawing as a teenager.  Tip-toeing back into art as an adult some years ago, I found Inktober a wonderful encouragement to do a bit of art at home everyday (NOT in a class - which was my original entree back).

So I felt free to have fun doing a new drawing, simply as a pleasurable thing, not as something that I thought that I needed to get back to -- such a freeing thought.

So here's my Oct. 1 drawing, inspired by aromatic aster from the pocket meadow out front. 

First my drawing.  Plus the subject. And then my drawing space.  (Apparently, I can't add captions in the new Blogger format!)






Comments

Post a Comment