Inktober Day 4 (2020): Rudbeckia fulgida (Black-eyed Susan)

 Doing a drawing a day for the month of October is a fun challenge.  

You can use the organizer's prompts as inspiration or do something on your own.  I decided to focus on the simple pleasures of fall wildflowers in my garden to start, both as a way to encourage myself around drawing again, but also simply to enjoy the progression of fall in the front meadow.

This is a lovely time of the year here in the mountains. Distinct color changes are making themselves known, especially at higher elevations, but even here at 2000 ft., the dogwoods and Virginia creeper are scarlet in places and some leaves are dropping from the hickories, buckeyes, and maples.

My drawing subject today was Rudbeckia fulgida, from one of the last flowers of the season.  It was a quirky subject, as it was a bit in  decline, so my drawing is eccentric, too. 


 


Comments