Remembering contrasts

We loved being here in Quebec last summer (and visiting in previous summers, too).  It's remarkable to see the dramatic contrast now between summer and winter, without the buffering experience of seasonal change.

Skiing this afternoon on a familiar bicycling trail in Parc National du Bic reminded me of this.

Looking across the frozen bay to Ferme Rioux and the Chateau Lyman, where I walked frequently last summer, underscored winter, with the brown hues of deciduous trees contrasting with the evergreens.

I included these summer photos of this view in this post last summer.



Here are some winter views that my gardening companion took this afternoon.  I had left my phone behind.

view across the frozen bay towards Ferme Rioux (the old barn that's the summer park visitor center)

view towards Pic Champlain

returning along the road to where we had parked
So interesting.  Here's a post yesterday (with lots of photos) that my gardening companion wrote about another area in the park that's very familiar from summer bike rides.

Comments