Quebec-bound

Thankfully, the weather was unseasonably mild and dry today, so we made good time.  Leaving at 7 am, we made it all the way to Scranton, PA from Asheville,  on I-81, which is a beautiful drive through the mountains of Tennessee, VA, West VA, and Maryland.

Tomorrow, it’s across to Poughkeepsie, NY and up I-87 through the Adirondacks, then crossing the border near Montreal, and then towards Quebec City, however far we make it tomorrow.

The weather will be getting colder, with snow showers predicted, so I’ve got my layers to put on in the morning.  We’ll probably hit more snow as we get into more northerly areas.

And in Le Bic, where our house is, snow is for predicted for Tuesday through Thursday,  so we’ll have fresh snow in Parc National du Bic to experience, as well as driving in the snow, too!

A winter adventure, for sure.  Here’s an image from last summer.


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail — that’s what we’re hoping for, as Southern weather wimps!

      Delete
  2. When I lived in Maine I frequently drove south to Virginia. I loved the drive once I hit I81. It made me feel like I was close to home. Have a wonderful drive and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie. I-81 is a great drive, even now, in the age of heavy traffic and trucks!

      Delete

Post a Comment