Posting every day: apple cider memories

chopped apples for cider-making

I'm used to writing a post when I have something interesting to write about.

Daily posts encourage a bit of that, but also somehow can become a weighty responsibility.  Ugh, I still need to write a post, I was thinking, just before our annual rivalry game between Clemson and University of South Carolina is going to start.

I was doing a daily post for some time this summer, before signing on to the daily posting commitment, but we were traveling, in a new place (so lots to write about) and now, as the days are getting shorter, I'm feeling less inspired.

The pocket meadow in front looks tired (what would I write about it?);  my front raised-bed vegetable garden turned herb garden looks OK, but also needs attention.  I didn't plant anything new this fall, having succumbed to some dreadful odd cold virus that kept me feeling sub-par for a month. (Nothing to write about there).

And truly, I'm not one to write about inner angst, of which I have plenty, but I'm quite sure that wouldn't be interesting, too.



As I went on a community orchard tour this afternoon, with trees planted in public housing projects across our mountain city, I'm remembering the apple harvest of fall, 2015.  And the aftermath, painful hand issues!




Comments

  1. I so admire those that know how to can and create new foods from items they have grown. My talents do not lie there. I do have the very bad habit of overusing my arthritic hands and paying a huge price for it. I hope your hands are not giving you too much grief as to make you stop doing what you enjoy.
    Gentle hugs,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I learned my lesson about overuse that year! Ugh. Moderation makes all the difference.

      Delete

Post a Comment