Tourists in our town


We visited Biltmore Estate this afternoon, walking around the Walled Garden and through the Conservatory, and admired the waning roses.

Lovely.

We're passholders, so it's easy to visit, but we're in the final month of being able to drive below the Walled Garden.

We're good walkers, so it won't be any bother to walk from the upper parking lots, but it does mark the end of the loop through the Estate, unless you're on the shuttle bus.

This rose was my inspiration for Inktober.

A lovely apricot-colored rose

my drawing didn't really do it justice

But the mums in the Walled Garden:  well, they were amazing.




Comments

  1. I will miss that drive through the estate. I do not tour the mansion much any more — only during special displays, so the reservation changes do not impact me much. But I will miss that drive. Your sketches are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll miss that drive, too, although it'll be a much more pleasant experience without the car traffic through the walled garden. We very seldom visit the house, either, so that won't affect us. Thanks for the kind words about my sketches -- it's been more fun than I had expected.

      Delete

Post a Comment