Brass angels

I thought I'd repeat a FB post that accompanied Inktober, Day 29.  Blog posts are a much more reliable place to save thoughts and reflections, I've found, although FB is easy and quick.

What I wrote about was a simple reflection about my Inktober drawing, of a small brass angel, that had been in my Mom's kitchen, on her windowsill, as I remember.

This is what I wrote on my FB feed:

"After a long day, I happened upon a small brass angel, something my Mom had on her kitchen windowsill. It was a bit of a difficult subject, because of the shapes, but isn't that what Inktober is about? Challenging one's drawing and seeing abilities?

She wasn't a religious person especially, but a humanist. She was a philosophy major as an undergrad at UC Berkeley, returning to school when my sister and I were quite young.


My Inktober drawing with the inspiration

I don't know why she saved these two brass angels, but they've accompanied me from South Carolina to North Carolina, as small elements in the corners of my office or studio."


Not a great drawing, but an interesting study for me

Comments