Remembering special places

From Time of Wonder, Robert McCloskey:

A little bit sad
about the place you are leaving,
a little bit glad
about the place you are going.

I posted this connection to this quote, in 2015, as we left South Carolina (and a special house and garden there) to our place in the mountains, which we love, too.

Time of Wonder is a beloved book from childhood, reinforced by remembrances of a visit to Maine as an 11-yr-old.

It strikes me that our landscape in Le Bic is quite similar, although these photos don’t show the rocky aspect.  As are parts of the Rocky Mountains, where I camped with my family, too, just as we did in Acadia National Park, so many years ago.

No wonder that I love it there!



Comments

  1. So lovely, Lisa. Special places are such a part of us, aren’t they?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment