A lovely small studio

I'm so glad that we were able to add this studio space to our small house in Asheville.

A former lower deck/cedar hot tub space with the previous owner, an architect, became a wonderful small studio space for me (the former owner designed it for us), after the garden studio below (which he also designed) was WAY too expensive and disruptive to the landscape to build.

My studio space was transformed by our old breakfast room table and items from my former study in Clemson when we relocated here.  (With the same re-design process, we acquired a much larger upper deck space, which is equally nice).

I've been using it quite a bit in the week since we returned from Quebec, both for routine computer things, but also for drawing and writing.

My studio table space with drawing (and stacks!)

I'm at my desktop, now, an iMac, on an antique secretary desk that doesn't look into the forest, but I did my daily Inktober drawing on my old breakfast table.  What fun is that?

subject and drawing





Comments

  1. Places that give you peace are wonderful. My house has special spots too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment