Remembering tulips

Even as largely a native plant gardener, I've loved tulips for a long time.  The Tulip Library near the Jefferson Memorial entranced me as an intern at the Smithsonian's Natural History Museum.

They were some of the first things I planted in Statesboro, Georgia, accompanying various fruit tree plantings.  (We'd happily bought the house largely because of its wonderful landscape and the house's sturdy "bones.")

My red tulips there were a success.

But I'd already used tulips as an element for our wedding invitations not that long before that, foreshadowing my planting of them.

Here was my Inktober version of remembering tulips (already posted directly on FB).



Comments

  1. I have always loved tulips. To grow them here I had to refrigerate them giving up prime space. I did it a few years and then gave up. They are so very lovely though. Yours evokes sweet memories for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment