Transitions and traveling

This is the 365th post that I've made on Places of the Spirit, following a challenge for daily blogging from an online friend well over a year ago.  I've actually done many more posts than that, if I include my posts to Natural Gardening!

But I'm reminded, about to travel back to the U.S. of all of the other reflections about traveling that I've made over the years.

This week, we're heading home from another place that we call home, too.  It's a special place, and one I'm wistful about leaving.  But the days are getting cool and blustery, and we have limits to how long we can stay here, so we want to preserve our ability to come back in winter and next summer.

A neighbor's barn

I'll miss the rural landscapes and expansive views here, just as I'll enjoy being back in our eclectic urban mountain city, I hope -- it seems like an unfamiliar prospect at the moment, as I was away so much last winter and spring.

There are new friends to be made, new places to explore, and inspiration to discover new things about a place, just as we've done here.


Comments

  1. I just returned after a month away so I can only imagine how you are feeling. There is not much fall color here yet. I hope to take a short drive on the parkway to see how things look up there. It has been very hot and dry here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've actually delayed coming back to enjoy the early fall color (and avoid the summer-like heat of this week!)

      Delete
  2. I like the photo of the barn, Lisa.

    Happy travelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat -- the farm scenery around our house here is really lovely.

      Delete

Post a Comment