Drawing

I keep poking my way back to doing a bit of art.  I had a bit of inspiration recently with an October challenge called Inktober, which basically is simply a drawing a day.  I was thinking if I can write a blog post daily for a year (after many years of very regular blogging), I certainly can commit to doing a drawing every day for a month.  My online friend Maitri had encouraging daily blogging; she's the one who alerted me to Inktober, too.

I basically like to draw, although I'm not exactly passionate about the process of doing so. (I think because of art criticism in the past).  I'm halfway decent at it.

Pen and ink (with a bit of color) is my mode of choice (at least the one that I feel most comfortable doing.)  So I'm in.

These photos from yesterday looked like great subjects.  The Inktober organizer has prompts, but I'd rather do something that inspires me personally, as I do when I write posts on my blogs.

Our neighbor's house up the hill

An umbel past seed dispersal in the Parc National du Bic

Both of these would be good subjects for pen and ink drawings, I think!  And when I was trying to draw more a year ago, I found quite a few other subjects, too.  The key for me is not to spend too much time on them, I thought at the time...

Comments