Views from the rooftop terrace of my HomeExchange apartment in NYC

I haven’t visited NYC in many years, but have wanted to see the High Line for quite awhile, so when our HomeExchange partners from last summer in Asheville offered their apartment just about the time I’d be close by, driving north, well, it was a good thing.

Thankfully, the drive into Manhattan was probably a lot quieter than normal, as most folks were trying to get out of the city (I observed big traffic jams, largely due to accidents, one at a toll plaza, complete with multiple ambulances and fire trucks.  Texting, perhaps?  Scary).

But I managed to tuck my car away in a midtown parking garage and arrive at the apartment in midtown - nicely for me, my host had had a ticketing snafu on his trip to Lisbon, so we were able to meet in person, before he headed off this evening (hopefully for a successful journey).

On a walk to visit the Union Square Greenmarket this afternoon, I was struck by lots of things but those thoughts need to simmer.

Here are some views from the rooftop terrace of the apartment (the apartment view is into a nearby brick apartment building, but does have nice afternoon light).  And the apartment is charming, albeit small.











Comments