Gardens are special places

I'm leaving our garden in the Southern Appalachians tomorrow heading north, to our garden in the Northern Appalachians.  It will be just about time to plant vegetables when I arrive at the end of the month (no warm season/cool season division in Zone 4!)

I'm looking forward to planting my vegetable garden, just as I harvested chard and kale to take with me -- I'll be cooking dinner for friends tomorrow night who are putting me up for the night  (wild Alaskan salmon from our freezer stash, greens, and brown rice with garlic and onions).

My post today was on my gardening blog, Natural Gardening, as it's about our garden here.

I was fortunate to be able to scoot over to the Biltmore Estate this morning for a late spring walk.  It was lovely and signs of spring flooding all but gone.

A French Broad river view

Comments