A final day in Ireland

I ended my journey here how I started it:  with a visit to the National Botanic Garden in Dublin, which wasn’t far away from my Airbnb (close to the airport).   I was struck by their last week’s emphasis on sustainable living.



A talk about Plants before Plastic (focused on renewable plant-based materials that we used to use before plastic became so prevalent). 

 I remember the days when we talked about renewable and non-renewable resources, back in the 1970’s.   That was a long time ago.  Hard to know what happened with that in North America.  But the Botanic Garden had other programs, too.  



They all sounded great!  A couple of visitors saw me wearing my “Advice from a Garden” cap and thought I might work there.  They were looking for the way out, which I could direct them to — I thought later I could have mentioned I used to work at a botanical garden.  It was a lovely excursion.

But the capstone was these venerable redwoods, with this message.




There were lots of attachments along the fence.  I was going to add my own, but unfortunately, the paper bag was empty, that normally had the tags.

Comments

  1. I really like reading through a post that will make people think.
    Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment