The spring landscape brings delights

Around each edge of our native plant garden right now, there's something to admire.  I wish I had more time currently to poke around and take better photos, too, especially now with an upgraded iPhone (just dealing with that took hours....)

But, there's a long list of "things to do" before heading north, so I don't quite have the time to linger as I'd like.

But, there's a lot to admire, from the woodland phlox, native azaleas, Solomon's seal, green and gold, etc.

My favorites from this evening's walkabout were the lovely Carolina rose, Rosa carolina.



and a small fairywand (Chamaelirium luteum), that's looking good in the upper woodland bed.


Comments

  1. I've grown the Illinois Rose (R. setigera), but it hasn't done well. Probably too much shade. The Carolina Rose is lovely - I really prefer the single flowered roses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment