Counting down the days before heading north to Quebec

I'm revisiting our garden -- pulling up weeds, unwanted self-sowers, and watering the rhododendrons and other plants that are a bit stressed by the arrival of 80 degree temperatures without recent rain in late May.

It's fun to look poke around the garden, especially in places that my gardening companion normally monitors.  It's all lovely.

This Piedmont rhododendron is almost in full flower, much to my delight.


A loop down along the French Broad River late this afternoon found this great group of fellows out with their dogs near the New Belgium brewery.  Such an Asheville sight!


Comments

  1. Lisa, it is going to be so hot here over the next week or so. I had to extend my watering to more of the plants. It does not take long for the plants to suffer under the heat.

    Have a good trip to Quebec. I look forward to reading about your adventures there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maggie-I'm thinking that I'll need to water a few things again tomorrow before I leave. Our summer renters may need to water more than we thought, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment