Grove Park Inn view

I managed a quick visit in early evening to the Grove Park Inn today.  It's an iconic Asheville destination. It was a bit hazy towards the Blue Ridge Mountains, so not quite as spectacular as it can be, but the city view was nice and it was fun to see the diversity of tourists (most weren't regional tourists based on their dress-up attire), including wedding parties, and folks enjoying the open access to the view.  It was fun.


To their credit, the OMNI folks who now own the Inn allow 3 hrs of free parking for visitors (of course most will have a drink or a meal or both -- all pricey, but the view is worth it.)  I like to loop through in the morning on a long walk -- always lovely.

I'll be up there again with a friend on Monday before I head north, so it will nice to add that visit, too.

I'm hoping to see a good full moon view tonight, but a couple of nights ago, it was low enough in the sky to be nice, too.


Comments