A gift of place

We knew this area was special, when we first visited Bas St. Laurent and the Gaspé Peninsula, now well over a decade ago.  So now being in this charmed house and garden next to one of our favorite national parks in the area -- it's a gift.

Excursions to the two large local garden centers found me scooping up herbs (including ones that I wouldn't normally see back in Asheville -- chervil and lovage, in particular.)  I also bought rosemary, basil, thyme, and parsley, to complement the simple dishes that I'll be cooking this summer and early fall. We do have restaurants within a 5 minute drive, but the larger city nearby, with more abundant restaurants is a 15 minute drive away.


And the views from the living and dining room are so wonderful in evening, it's hard to be motivated to go out.








Comments

  1. I can see why you like to stay home and enjoy the views. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment