Home in Quebec

Driving along the St. Lawrence River on Rt. 132 (the old highway) returning to our house in Le Bic, Quebec was magical this morning.

The diversity of spring foliage in the forests, the vast skies, the wonderful rock outcrops, and the pastoral landscape of working farms: dairy, wheat, and corn (as well as other grains).

The river views were wonderful with the mountains on the other side. 

There never seemed to be good places to stop to take photos,  so I’ll content myself with this one.



My gardening companion has done wonders in the landscape here, in the month that he’s been here ahead of me, not just cleaning up, but very actively adding native plants of all sorts, moving roses to other places, preparing beds where I can plant my vegetable garden, etc.

Extraordinary.

He’s been busy.  I always knew he was a gardener as well as a excellent botanist, but — he’s immersed himself into transforming this landscape into something that means that we’re here in Quebec, with natives, etc.

Thanks, TS!

Comments

  1. What a welcome surprise for your arrival in Quebec. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment