Benbulben Forest Walk

The table top mountain of Benbulben anchors the region north of Sligo Town.  A brilliantly sunny day gave me the opportunity to loop around a recently finished forest walk at its base; combining the two loops encompassed some 7 kms of forest, sea view and close-up views of Benbulben.

The bright light flattened out the remarkable geology and vegetation along the edges (as least as taken through my iPad), but the photos still reflect the powerful shape of the ridge.  (I’ll be glad to get my iPhone back working properly again!)








Comments

  1. It seems you are being gifted with glorious weather, sights, and paths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you suppose this has always been dominated by grasses? Was it forest at one time? Great photos, makes me want to go to Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so fortunate to have good weather for most of my time in Ireland, Lauren, and Jason, as I understand it, most of Ireland was forested up to 500 years ago. But the slopes of Benbulben are probably disturbance-maintained, so probably weren't forested, I'd think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment