The High Line and NYC

It was a bright morning so not easy for photos, and it’s really the overall experience of the High Line that provides its special quality.  The naturalistic gardens along the way are truly extraordinary and reflect the care in which the gardens have been designed and how they’re maintained.  The majority of visitors on a holiday weekend (largely tourists, I think) weren’t particularly paying attention to the plants, although I did overhear a British woman marveling over the Big Leaf Magnolias that were in flower!  With sassafrass planted nearby - what’s not to like about that?

The entire garden is extremely well-done, including the pathways and benches.  A special place.  I’ll probably go back one of the next couple of evenings to see it in different light.

NYC is a varied place, that’s for sure, and my 13 miles of walking today through multiple neighborhoods from midtown to downtown were evidence of that.  I was secretly thankful that it wasn’t a normal weekend so I think it was “quieter” than normal. It was still plenty busy for me.  

This Flatiron corner was lovely in the early evening. I was heading to a well-known destination for foodies on that corner - Eataly — totally packed!)






Comments

  1. I envy your ability to see the beauty in all places you visit. New York is not a favorite of mine. But to be honest I was not looking at the plants. Enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment