An unexpected side trip

I was planning to write about being on my own traveling, but that will wait.  Looking back on my photos this evening, there’s not much more to write about than to be grateful for the experience to be here.

An unplanned walk (I happened to bumble by the interpretive parking area some kilometers away, so detoured along the small farm roads) to visit the 4th B.C. Megalithic cemetery of Carrowkeel, found me marveling at the most amazing views.  These were sanctuary and sacred spots;  I totally understood why these ancient people had made this a sacred space.



Walking up to the site, which encompasses some 25 of these tombs (cairns of rock, really) was amazing.  I’m actually not that familiar or truly interested (to my discredit) in megalithic tomb sites, but this place was extraordinary.

I’m so glad that I went there.

Comments

  1. Sometimes the unexpected is just what we need. So glad you had this experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment