Traveling

A Irish view

Heading off tomorrow to Ireland on a solo traveling excursion is reminding me of the rhythms of preparing to be away and I'm reminding myself to pack light (2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, one pair of shoes, rain gear, base layers, and hat, scarf, and gloves) as multiple walks to the train, to the bus, to the airbnb, etc. are involved in this particular excursion.  It is not a good thing to be weighted down.

ready for a final edit?

Ireland, of course, is a wonderful and iconic destination;  we thoroughly enjoyed our time there four years ago.

I always like to take a quick look at posts I've made about traveling in years past, as they ground me in the reasons that traveling is an interesting and expanding endeavor in the first place (as I'm doing my final preparations and checklists).

The lightweight Kelty bag is the luggage of choice for a trip like this.


Comments

  1. Bonvoyage my friend! Safe travels and we will get together when you return from Quebec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm planning to continue to post while traveling in Ireland, even though the iPad is a bit limiting!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your trip to Ireland. The country, the sites, and the people are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks -- I'm looking forward to it. Lots of interesting places to visit near Sligo!

      Delete

Post a Comment