Our back woodland garden

Our woodland garden is a magical place at the moment, full of golden ragwort (Packera aurea), Celadine poppy (Stylophorum diphyllum), and various phloxes, some newly planted.


We look down on our woodland garden from our main floor porch: a favorite place to have meals throughout the milder temperature season (which for us, extends from late winter to late fall, because of the solarium effect of the clear polycarbonate porch roof).  Now, sometimes, it's a bit nippy out there, but right now - perfect.

Today was a quintessential spring day, perfectly clear with temperature in the upper 70's.

I need to acquire a decent digital camera (to replace my ancient D100, which I never use now), as I'm not patient enough to take good iPhone photos, I think.  I know it's possible, but I'm clearly not doing it.

But, these photos do give a glimpse into our back forest view -- it really is lovely right now.  We were away all of last April, so missed the forerunner of this.  We think rain (and moving volunteers around) have created this magic.




Comments

  1. It looks like a lovely place to enjoy a yummy meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Lauren -- we love being on our back porch!

      Delete

Post a Comment