The pleasures of gardening

Gardening grounds the spirit of the gardener in whatever place we find ourselves. 

I was just telling a friend last weekend about how being in Italy and being able to garden reminded me of how important it is for my spirit.  Perhaps that's why I was remembering this afternoon that we would have just arrived in Italy a year ago today.  We had a lovely HomeExchange place in Umbria, with a terraced garden, just waiting for the hands of the gardeners.

I went back to see what I'd posted this evening.  We had internet issues the first week, so I hadn't posted anything until April 4th, but sure enough, it was about gardening.

As it turned out, I didn't plant anything as their arrival was pushed back to August, but I certainly was able to get it in shape for the summer!  I was a happy gardener, since I was missing the spring planting season back in Western North Carolina and would be heading to Quebec at the end of May in any case.  I'm looking forward to having a full summer season in Quebec this year.

From Natural Gardening:   Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Puttering in the garden

I love the sense of adventure and delight that’s part of being in the garden each day. What’s new, what’s flowering, what shall I add or tend?
 
 
Away from my own garden, I had a lovely time tidying up here in our HomeExchange garden (in Umbria) yesterday - simple weeding of bedstraw and foxtails and discovering what’s been planted.
 
I’m going to plant the window boxes and containers, too, as thanks for our extra time here. They’ll be here around mid-May for the summer. Perhaps some succulents and drought tolerant perennials!



Comments

  1. Lovely post. I enjoy reading about your love of gardening and your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment