A wholemeal scone and a perfect coffee

Coffee places are everywhere in Dublin, along with the requisite cakes, scones, and tea breads. Coffee seems to have replaced tea as the drink of choice, as I see more people with coffee than teapots, but my sampling technique has not been rigorous.

In a very hip and posh upscale food store this morning, I enjoyed a delicious whole grain scone with raisins.  Yum.  A bit richer than my usual late morning fare (which would normally just be a coffee at most with maybe a piece of fruit.)

But walking all over central Dublin in a chilly breeze has one looking for diversions (I walked over 10 miles yesterday and 8 1/2 today).  I would have taken photos of this shop’s amazing fruit and vegetable displays (the origins of each item were noted in attractive hand-written script), but that seemed a bit forward.



So I contented myself with photos of the scone and coffee, along with one example of numerous types of coarsely-ground whole grain flour (from Canadian wheat, no less).







Comments