Grounding in the garden


I am finding grounding in our garden, as I reflect on seasonal change, daily change as spring moves forward, and seedlings emerging — both deliberately planted and ones not.

We watch expansion of growth on trees, many of which we planted in the naturalistic garden that surrounds us (and supports our spirits) now.

I hope as the days go on, I can settle into the unfamiliar pattern of days spent almost entirely at home or in the garden, aside for walks.

I'm grateful for the garden that surrounds us and the raised bed vegetables and herbs in front. 

And I was thankful to be out harvesting greens this evening after dinner.  Kale, chard, spinach mustard, and purple mustard.  All to be cooked for tomorrow's lunch and dinner.



I admired this tulip meadow on a recent walk;  I kept trying to get photos that capture the diversity and eclectic spirit of this planting.  I've not seen such an interesting mix of tulips, before.   My image doesn't capture the diversity of color, nor the meadow-like planting, but it's delightful.


Comments