Being grateful

I'm grateful that it's spring in my part of the world, now in Western North Carolina.  The birds are singing and flowers are blooming.

Mt. Pisgah from the nearby community center

Facebook reminded me that we were in Umbria two years ago at this time.  I'd posted a lovely view into the valley below our HomeExchange place - a converted old convent made into a small wonderful home.

But my FB post also included complaints about our internet connection (we were able to solve that via a technician visit, a local provider visit in the nearest mall, and Google Translate). Such a first world concern, I was thinking, reminded of that post 2 years ago.

But, the digital age is also something I'm grateful for -  as I'm embracing Zoom for a virtual garden chat tomorrow with my garden group, and have already participated in other groups large and small.

I've also enjoyed chats with family members, whom I wouldn't normally regular speak to or see -- just interacting through e-mail or text.  Such a good thing.

Connections matter in these times, more than ever.




Comments