A garden gives back

Surrounded by a garden that provides sustenance for my spirit every day, I'm grateful.  In this spring of 2020, surrounded by uncertainty, worry, and global challenge, I'm grateful for the diversity of native plants that make up our garden here, and the nourishment that fresh spinach, collards, and kale in my front raised beds provide.

I'm trying to stay grounded by spending time appreciating the unfolding spring every day in our garden.  It helps.

It was a rainy day here today, with downpours and high winds predicted for tonight.  But I enjoyed the Robin's Plantain (Erigeron canadensis) and Columbine (Aquilegia canadensis) this afternoon, after collecting some spinach.

Columbine and Robin's Plantain

The sedum bed in front of the house fared well over the mild winter, so is lush and green.  I've been admiring the ferns that have colonized the lower part of the bed, in the shadiest part.

young fern fronds are evident!

Comments

Post a Comment