A mockingbird is singing

I'm marveling at the full moon. Waking up again, in the middle of the night, I take solace in the natural world.

A mockingbird is singing his song cycle as I look up to see the moon.  The sweet cyclical notes remind me that nature is still there.  As is the super pink moon of April 7, the biggest of the year.

The clear sky tonight is a gift after a intermittently cloudy day.

There are many better photos out there, but this was mine, a curious photo, taken with an iPad.





I was glad to see the real thing in person.  I've written many posts over the years about full moons, as I used to do full moon hikes at the botanical garden where I worked.

But my strongest memory is connecting with my childhood and remembering a special book, Wait Till the Moon is Full.

I can see the cover of that book in my mind, but it isn't in the group of cherished childhood books nearby.  Perhaps it's somewhere else in the house.  It's a special memory.

Comments