Erigeron (Fleabane)

This Erigeron buoyed my spirits this morning, walking along the greenway next to the French Broad River near the New Belgium Brewery in Asheville.

(The brewery was pumping out the malted barley smell that's characteristic of the brewing cycle on some days.  It doesn't bother me walking by, but I'm glad we're not normally downwind from it.  "The smell of money" was a read description many years ago about the pulp plant in Savannah, GA  -- a truly dreadful smell, compared to barley.)

I don't know what species this Erigeron is (there are a LOT out there), but it's abundant right now, and its delicate pinkish flowers were delightful.  They were flowering everywhere along the path.

Erigeron sp.

I'm so grateful for the continuing spring in our mountain region.

A friend in Quebec reported 10 cms of snow overnight yesterday.  Hmm, I think, as I'm harvesting cool season greens, contemplating warm-season changeouts, and deeply enjoying the flowering progression of native perennials, shrubs, and trees in our garden.

I'm glad to be here.


Comments