A calendar transformed

I still use a paper calendar. 


Since 2012, I've enjoyed using the German language version of Marjolein Bastein's lovely annual calendar.  It's a bit hard to read her German prose, because of her handwriting, but I love looking at her wonderful illustrations each week. 

It grounds me in the natural world, even if I don't attempt to read the prose every week.

I've been using a lot of "white-out" lately, cancelling appointments, rescheduling them, rescheduling classes, etc.   It's not a happy thing to see crossed out planned activities, so I've resorted to blotting them out.

It's such a curious time as I reschedule classes now to be given via Zoom and schedule classes for when I hope we'll be in Quebec this summer.   We'll have our first virtual garden club meeting next Monday, after a series of nice Sunday garden chats.

A different world, indeed, and I'm mindful that I'm so, so fortunate to be able to be in the "stay at home" category, without a need to go to work or take care of others.  And that our leafy city is still a place that I can walk outdoors everyday.

But as doctor's appointments are cancelled (by them) and I think of times ahead, well, I wonder.  One was a routine dental appointment; the other was a dermatologist annual screening.  I have other appointments of similar ilk which I may now postpone until fall.

We still plan to travel to Quebec in June, if we can.  It looks promising now, as the province is opening up in phases and elementary school kids can go back to school in mid-May, if their parents are willing.  Such a conundrum.

We hope we can make a rapid journey north, scoot over the border, and make it to our cottage, where we can self-isolate if needed, as a requirement. We'll see. Our path north takes us through relatively low case loads of Covid-19, so that's in our favor.

And we do pay hefty property taxes in our city in Quebec on our house, so it's not like we're not contributing to the economy.

We so hope that we'll be able to return to the Northern Appalachians this summer.




Comments

  1. I hope you are able to return to your wonderful cottage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we so hope so, too. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. And Lauren, I have you in my good wishes list every day, as you grapple with your challenges. Sending hugs. LW

      Delete

Post a Comment