A beautiful day

It was clear and crisp looking towards the mountains this morning.  I was walking around our neighborhood, which is really quite lovely and spring-like now. The sky was blue and the air was clear.  Magic.

Double-flowering cherries, tulips, late daffodils, and violets are all in full flower. 

I wish our state parks and regional trails were still open, as I'd love to see more of our spring wildflowers unfolding  Happily, we have quite a few in our garden.


double-flowering cherries

Bearded Iris along a sidewalk strip
I had a delightful Zoom chat for virtual tea time with my Quebec friends, both old and new, via the Heritage St. Lawrence English-language library where I volunteer when we're there.  We're still hoping that we can return by early summer, as we'd planned, but it will all depend on how this unfolds and the border restrictions.  Mid-summer will be fine, too, or even fall.

I'm trying to set up a Zoom discussion for my local garden club;  it looks like it's set up, but we'll see.

And my vegetable garden keeps growing, thankfully.  I may try to get some starts from a veggie gardening/garden blogging friend down in Spartanburg.

Comments