The quality of light

I've always appreciated light: light that streams through windows, light that's reflected on branches and tree trunks, morning light, and evening light.

living room in afternoon
In our house in the upstate of South Carolina, it was the afternoon light in the living room that was remarkable, at the front of the house.  Doing a search on "light" and "front views" in Natural Gardening pulled up a LOT of posts about light. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised!


late afternoon view toward the front woodland garden

Here in the mountains, we have morning and afternoon light hitting the main floor and deck in various ways, all nice.

kitchen windows (4:30 pm)
That's what just struck me again this afternoon -- looking towards the windows above the kitchen counter.  The light wasn't really this dim, but this tweaked version gives the sense of reflection on the trees in the forest.  Lovely.  More crystalline winter light.

And I was reminded poking around in the searches that I'd swapped my footer photo in Natural Gardening last summer.  It's an afternoon view in our house in Quebec.


We have been fortunate to live in and be stewards of these places.  They're all places of the spirit.

Comments

  1. Beautiful, I especially love the one with the light reflecting off the leaves in the front garden. The light here has been rather flat lately, we've had lots of clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a wonderful view! We loved the front woodland garden that we'd created there.

      Delete

Post a Comment