A small copper saucepan sketch


A good friend suggested that I might try include some sketches as part of my daily writing practice;  I was doing that some weeks ago, and then went off in different directions in my reflections.

Trying to get back to an occasional sketch, and revisiting drawings from an excellent drawing class four years ago both encouraged and intimidated my current artistic inclinations.  Geez, I must have spent hours on some of those drawings, I was thinking (the weekly class was 2 or 3 hours long, I'm remembering).  Hmm.

So on a wintry afternoon, I thought, OK, I'll do a sketch before starting dinner.  "Sketch" is an excellent word, I thought.  Quick, fun, etc.

I brought down an antique coffee grinder from the kitchen and quickly realized that it was rather challenging from a perspective aspect. Hmm, neither quick nor fun.


I spotted one of my small copper saucepans on the bookshelf and thought -- OK, let me try that (minus the beautiful beach pebbles brought back from Chiloe Island years ago).


 It was fun and I liked the result well enough -- a quick sketch trying to see the shape of the copper saucepan and translate it to paper.


Comments