Skiing along the Sentier du Littoral

Skiing this morning was wonderful.  The Sentier du Littoral is part of the network of greenways in the city of Rimouski that turn into wonderfully groomed cross-country trails and pedestrian and snowshoe paths.

Conditions today, with temperatures at about 28°F were downright balmy, and the snow was perfect. I’m getting in better traditional cross-country skiing fitness, but geez, I’m having to come to terms with the idea that I REALLY have to up the ante next fall to be ready to truly enjoy it.

My technique has become half-way decent on the x-c skis, but as I get tired, it’s not so good.

It’s easier on the Altai-Hok skis, but frankly, they’re not quite as much fun, although, since it’s more like walking, it’s nice to enjoy the surroundings a bit more, too.

The view towards Rimouski towards my turn-around point was lovely.


Crepes for lunch in Rimouski made for a lovely outing today.  The crepes were delicious.

Comments