Back to green and spring

I’m looking forward to returning to gardening and talking and thinking about gardening in the coming weeks.

Perhaps I still have greens in my raised beds?  It doesn’t seem to have been that cold in Asheville, so perhaps the kale and collards have overwintered.  I’d be delighted if the young spinach plants, looking hardy as we left in early January, have survived without cover.

But I’m anticipating seeing early spring-flowering Asian and Middle-Eastern plants:  the early Japanese cherries, snowdrops, daffodils, and the like.

I’m doing.a flurry of programs in March and April, starting with a day-long workshop about tapping into the creative side of gardening.

It’s a topic I love — I never would have thought about it, really, before stumbling on Fran Sorin’s wonderful book, about 15 years ago, I think.

It was transformative, as I realized that my back road into creativity had been stimulated both through  writing (as a regular blogger) and as a gardener.

I posted this piece on Natural Gardening: https://naturalgardening.blogspot.com/2020/02/thinking-about-gardening-and-creativity.html awhile ago: the reflections are still the same.


Fran’s website..

Comments

  1. Lucky Pope who get to participate in your lecture. Working in the soil is good fro the soul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment