Roasted baby bok choi

These bok choi were labeled Shanghai Boc Choi Bonsai (on the French side of the package and Bok Choi tips on the English side, I think).

I’m not turning into a food blogger, I hope, but I found it fascinating to have bought these very small bok choi here in Canada (distributed by a major greenhouse grower in Quebec), but these seemed to have been grown in Mexico in their satellite greenhouses.

I’ve never seen anything like these in our markets in the U.S., that’s for sure.  I’m not sure even that I’ve seen bok choi in winter, actually,  although perhaps large head versions from California.

In any case, they were delicious, roasted, with a drizzled garlic-balsamic vinegar-maple syrup finish.


Comments

  1. We have purchased bok choi in our farmers market. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I may try that! We have what we call baby boy choy here in our farmers markets in winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious -- the roasting combined with the drizzled dressing really made the difference.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I was impressed with how roasting a green vegetable like this transformed their flavor, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment