Another skiing day

I was so glad to be out x-c skiing today, but it isn't without aches and pains. 

Long ago hip aggravations pop up; my hands and wrists are a bit challenged, too, both because of mild arthritis and a long ago wrist injury from a minor car accident, and my right shoulder (without any history), started fussing, too. "Real" x-c skis require a bit more skill and effort than our Altai Hok hybrid skis.

But, nevertheless, I'm fortunate to be able to be out there, too.  And so pleased to be there.

It's beautiful in the snow.  And today's ski was perfect;  bright sunshine, well-groomed tracks, and perfectly adjusted skis, finally, with the grip balance on my x-c skiis apparently close to right.

Such a wonderful place to be in winter, with lovely snow, during the time we're here.  But I'm also mindful that it's not so nice in spring, as the snow thaws and melts.

Nor would November and December be pleasant as the days get shorter, for those of us who don't appreciate shorter day length.

Off with the Altai-Hoks, not the Fischer x-c skiis



Comments

Post a Comment