Swimming pools

I've decided that swimming pools, even if they're fancy Kurhaus ones, aren't my thing.  Places of the spirit, they're not, especially when surrounded by bamboo, concrete, and windmill palms.

I enjoyed swimming growing up and loved water-skiing on Lake Austin and going to Deep Eddy, a natural spring-fed swimming pool surrounded by shade trees.  But I haven't been a regular swimmer as an adult.

The Bad Kronzingen version, with plenty of options for outdoor and indoor dips, complete with whirlpools, periodic circular currents (!), and just lounging in the pool -- that wasn't so interesting.  But there were lots of folks there, enjoying it, so -- that's OK.

My gardening companion loved his Sauna addition, sampling all the various varieties.  Hmm.  Whatever.  We're all different.  I was glad to accommodate his interest this afternoon!

I'm ready to go on a hike tomorrow or at least visit cultural institutions (that aren't normally open) on the yearly day designated to that:  https://www.tag-des-offenen-denkmals.de/  eg. the day of open "monuments."

We're off this evening for the night version in Freiburg on the day before.  It should be interesting!

It starts in the Munsterplatz.

Freiburg's Munster


Comments