Connecting with nature

Connecting people with nature has been a central theme of my entire career: first in my paid work life and now as a volunteer.

It was a welcome relief today to talk with the Education Committee of a local land trust about education program possibilities at a property that they're interested in.

Describing the magic of connecting children and adults with nature in a variety of ways -- well, it reminded me, again, of how effective excellent interpretation and interpretive techniques can be in terms of engaging people to experience and explore the natural world.

These are all good things.

A full moon at sunset
I did Full Moon Hikes back in my work life -- they were always magical.  So many of us don't go outside and look at the moon and the stars at night, without encouragement.

So, in honor of the the recent full moon, I'm sharing this photo from March, 2016, at dusk.

Comments