Spring-flowering bulbs: snowdrops

I find echoes of past gardeners delightful, daffodils persisting in a long-ago farm site, venerable camellias flourishing in the Piedmont, and snowdrops, like these in the lawn of an old farmhouse in our historic neighborhood, flowering for decades.

This is an image from a couple of years ago;  they're on their way past flowering now, as I walked by this morning.

It's still technically winter, of course, and we had lows near 20°F yesterday, but the hardy early flowering species always catch my attention.  I've written a number of posts about them over the years in Natural Gardening (a link to a collection of posts fetched by a search for "snowdrops.:

echoes of the past



Comments

  1. That is fabulous! I've never been able to get bulbs to naturalize in our lawn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment