Heading to Charleston

I'm going to Charleston this weekend for a workshop at the Sophia Institute with David Whyte.  He comes to Charleston each spring;  I went to another workshop with him maybe 5 years ago, when we were still living in Clemson.

A online friend in Wales (from a writing group at the time)  had introduced me to his work.  I'm not particularly inclined to poetry, but the combination of poetry and prose that he presents is extraordinary -- and accessible through his writing, Sounds True recordings,  and also through his website.

As I drive down to Charleston tomorrow, I'll be listening to some of his recordings, but equally studying French, through Benny Lewis and Coffee Break French.  Every day, some sort of study of French,  is my mantra.

What an amalgamation of experiences!

I've been in a bit of a whirlwind of classes, etc, so it will be great to have a weekend devoted to connecting to place, now, in the world (if I understand the workshop description), but it's deeper than that.  Hmm.

Happily, I'll be staying in a lovely place on John's Island, thanks to HomeExchange, and I'll be able to meet in person our great HomeExchange partner from Charleston from the holiday season before last.  How nice is that?

I had a lovely afternoon preparing my front raised bed with the woman who will be gardening them, 4 months this summer.  Delightful.  The beds are ready to plant.

Here's an image of when they were lush a few years back.

summer vegetables in full swing







Comments