Arriving home in Asheville

A good friend described this as our southern home -- I like that.  We are so totally fortunate to have two wonderful small houses at either end of the Appalachians, north and south.  They're distinctively different in character, but both are excellent and good places to be.

It was great to arrive in mid-day, to a house in perfect condition, thanks to our house-sharing friend.

And a surrounding garden showing signs of spring. 

In my raised beds, the chives are emerging, the overwintered collards and kale look great, as does the red-veined sorrel and some of the thyme.  The perennial leeks have been happily multiplying, too.  The sage, hmm -- I may need to pull all of it as well as most of the thyme and just start over. 

That's OK. There's no sign of the flourishing parsley that I left, either.

And Chez Lisa Asheville cranked up this afternoon, with fresh bread to bake shortly and chicken cooking in the Instant Pot for tomorrow, after we had a nice fresh dinner at home.  Good after a couple of dinners on the road.

Lovely to have evening light as I was cooking this evening

Comments

  1. Chez Lisa Asheville! LOVE it! Sorry about the sage. It's nice to know you're here all in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I had a potholder given to me many years ago that had "Chez Lisa" embroidered on it -- I'd always thought it meant "Lisa's kitchen" so we've referred to Chez Lisa's in terms of cooking for years; of course, after being in Quebec and working on French, I realized it actually means more like "at Lisa's" or "Lisa's place!"

      Delete

Post a Comment