Another lovely ski day

Skiing almost every day here in Quebec has definitely upped my fitness.  Googling about how to keep up one’s abilities in the skiing off-season had recommendations about roller skis (I’d never heard of those, and I’m not inclined to try them, either, after reading about their peculiarities, especially the version without “brakes.”

On a backcountry trail this morning
Yikes.  No thanks.

More to my liking were simple recommendations about keeping up core and arm strength and endurance.  Hmm.

OK, I’m trying, maybe, to rewrite my physical story, at 63 ( my hubbie thinks I can manage the 12 km loop next winter on skis).  Ha! It was much more tiring to break through the snow on this backcountry trail this morning, just as I was thinking yesterday that I’d adjusted to skiing quite nicely.

It’s so wonderful to be out in the snow, though, it’s definitely worth the effort!

Comments